Are you looking for the ultimate tutorial to learn how to feeble hop-up manual on a BMX?
If you’ve been cruising around on your BMX, feeling the excitement in your veins, and wondering, “What’s next?” – THIS is it.
If you’ve already mastered feeble grinds and manuals – it’s time to combine the two.
Initially, I just didn’t understand how to get the trick combo done.
It took me a while to figure it out until a friend told me the most important part: You must jump from feeble into a manual with both wheels simultaneously.
In short, do the “English” bunny hop.
Yes, really, that was it.
From then on, the feeble hop manual became much easier.
And so you don’t go through the same struggle I had, this guide is your ticket to mastering this combo FAST.
Why Learn Feeble Hop-Up Manuals
It’s a more advanced trick that will take your bike skills and control to the next level.
Plus, once you master it, it’s an excellent way to link even more tricks together.
You can, for instance, do a feeble grind hop manual to 180, to barspin, etc.
- Boost your skills: This trick is not just fancy; it’s a skill-booster. Mastering the feeble hop manual sharpens your balance, precision, and timing.
- Challenge yourself: We all love a good challenge, right? This trick puts your abilities to the test and pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Expand your trick repertoire: Variety is the spice of life, and the same goes for BMX riding. Adding this trick to your repertoire keeps things fresh and exciting.
- Build confidence: Every time you master a new trick, your confidence skyrockets.
- It’s just plain fun: At the end of the day, BMX is all about having fun, and learning new tricks is a huge part of that joy. The thrill of landing a feeble hop-up manual for the first time is a feeling you won’t forget.
How To Feeble Hop-Up Manual On A BMX (Step-By-Step Guide)
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial, so you can combine the two basic tricks into something more advanced, easier and faster.
Step 1: Get Comfortable With The Basics
Before attempting the feeble hop-up manual, ensure you’re comfortable with basic BMX skills, especially balancing, bunny hopping, and doing a manual.
Of course, you must have your feeble grinds nailed down; otherwise, it will be much more challenging.
Feel free to refer to my other tutorials:
Familiarize yourself with the feel of your bike and ensure you have good control over it.
And don’t forget to WARM UP.
Step 2: Learn To Hop From A Feeble Grind
While in the feeble grind, practice hopping onto the ledge.
Here’s the MISTAKE many riders make, and the mistake that kept me from nailing the combo.
Don’t focus on lifting your front wheel first followed by your back wheel, like you do when doing a bunny hop.
Instead, do the “English” bunny hop, where you hop with both wheels at the same time.
The first step is just to get comfortable jumping on top of a ledge.
I put extra emphasis on this part in the how to video above.
Step 3: Combine The Tricks
- Approach confidently: Approach the ledge or rail (just don’t use a rail for learning the trick – TOO CHALLENGING!) as you did for the feeble grind.
- Execute a feeble grind: Land in the feeble grind.
- Hop-up: Mid-grind, execute a hop. Focus on the “English” bunny hop, hopping out of a feeble with your front wheel and back peg at the same time.
- Transition into a manual: As you hop onto the ledge, shift your weight back and lift your front wheel into a manual.
- Find your balance: Quickly find your balance point in the manual. Keep your arms straight, knees slightly bent, and your body weight centered over the rear wheel.
- Ride it out: Try maintaining the manual for as long as possible – ideally, to the end of the ledge.
Step 4: Practice & Perfect
Practice this combination repeatedly. Each attempt will help you improve your balance and timing.
If possible, record your attempts to analyze and understand areas for improvement.
I always do because it helps me learn new tricks or pull a combination much faster.
Step 5: Have Fun & Stay Persistent
Remember, mastering any BMX trick takes time, patience, and practice – and the same goes for the feeble grind to hop-up manual.
Enjoy the process, stay persistent, and celebrate your progress, no matter how small.
Conclusion: Master Feeble Hop-Up Manuals!
And there you have it, my fellow BMX dudes!
We’ve journeyed together through the twists and turns of mastering the feeble hop-up manual, and I hope this guide has lit a fire in your BMX-loving heart.
Important: Focus on the “English” bunny hop, not the classic one.
Remember, every trick you learn adds another exciting chapter to your riding story.
As you venture out to practice, remember that patience and perseverance are your best friends.
You might not nail it on your 1st, 10th, or even 13th try (it took me VERY long to figure it out), but each fall is just a stepping stone to your success.
Embrace every wobble, every tumble, and get back on that bike with a grin. After all, the sweetest victories come from the hardest challenges.
Don’t forget to share your journey with your BMX buddies. We’re all on this rad ride together!
Most importantly, keep the fun alive in every session. 🤘